Thursday 12 April 2012

Strangers in London






I went to London for the day and used this time to 'find some strangers' I wanted to photograph these strangers doing their everyday tasks and I hoped to find some quirky images. Two places I found particular interest in were the underground and Covent Garden. The amount of people on the trains and the types of people was amazing. I used this opportunity on the underground to look at how movement of people and pace can effect the photograph. I also sat outside a coffee shop in Covent Garden and photographed the passers by. Probably the best things that I found out of photographing the passers by was that many of them were very similar in their actions and expressions. So perhaps its the similarities in people that are intriguing rather than the fact that they are strangers.


This image was taken in Covent Garden near to the shops. I have put the 2 images together in photoshop as I thin they sit together in quite a fun way. On the left the street entertainer seems to be a statue, with no movement however on the right he has moved and has a certain rapport with the child.


This image is also quite interesting as the man is staring right at me. At the time he did look very angry prior to and after the photo was taken so I made a swift exit. The woman however does not seem to take much care in the image being taken and seems to be more interested in the birds.


This image begins to show some of the pace of London. This man was advertising on a bike with seats attached at the back. He did shout at me for taking the image as he rode by but I think the image stands well alone as well as in a group.





These guys were sitting outside having lunch, one noticed I was taking pictures and soon they were all looking, which may have defeated the object of images of people doing their own thing but I still think the image is fun as they are all on the floor and there are plenty of chairs behind them to sit on.




This image is also very intriguing. I think what works best is the fact that the picture of the woman in the show advertisement is directly above the girl with purple hair's head. This add some dynamic to the image and can also add some humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment