Monday 16 April 2012

The underground movement







When down on the underground I realised how much of a confined environment it was when the trains stopped and the people were changing, so for this reason I used the 'camera on hip' technique and hoped for the best when taking pictures. I changed my zoom and focus to ensure the images turned out alright. Some the best images are just as the train is coming in, the looks on peoples faces were very amusing and this image in particular stands out as both the men are doing the same pose. I again put these two images together in photoshop along with the map of the route I took behind and changed the opacity slightly.

This next image is also put together in photoshop. Again I think it is quite amusing as the distorted man is right by the door in the top image and then in the bottom image the man is looking from the other side of the carriage and he is only just captured in the image.


These two image I think also sit well together. I man with his cello is looking right at me and then the woman with the sahri on is looking completely away. The types of people that use the tube are a very diverse range of cultures and attitudes and this image seems to define the divide that is easily brushed over because of the business of the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment