Monday 16 April 2012

response to the arcade

After looking at the arcade and the types of people there I realised that really anyone can get caught out, young or old. It a crazy thing that can make you loose your money or gain an awful lot. Back home I tried to create something that would show what a continuous loosing gambler may look like over time. Portraits were the main focus throughout my coursework and I used technical lighting skills to create different styles of images. When creating my visual response I was well aware of other addictions that are current among the population for example: smoking, binge drinking, drug abuse to name a few.


This image has been edited by simply adding in the images behind and carefully rubbing through to the top image. I think this first experiment has turned out quite well however if I create another one it would need to look a bit more professional, however I do like the way the roughness makes it seem very busy and uneasy with the facial expression. It is obviously very
exaggerated is the style as the face has a very strong expression that perhaps may make it seem a bit gimmicky.



This second image has been less obviously edited. I have just desaturated the image and taken out a lot of contrast also lightened up the image after doing the other editing. I think this has worked well as the style of the image is very cold seems very stern. The smoke also adds movement to the image to create some more emotion. This image has not got such a heavily gimmicky style as the one above but seems to have a more stylistic finish to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment