Wednesday 21 March 2012

We can't know everyone!

After taking the pictures at my church I realised that although I knew most of the people there, in fact many of them were also strangers. With over 7 billion people living on the earth the minority that I know is extraordinary. I think I have a pretty decent group of friends and acquaintances however obviously these people are mainly people that live in Bournemouth which is a relatively small town. Strangers can change the way you perceive the world as they create a new opening to what you already know or believe. I want to find some strangers and learn different things about them. I have thought of many idea's in relation to Stephen Gill's images of the headphones and also the billboards. There can be a quotation or some text to title the image. When doing this I am obviously going to have lots to consider, firstly where will I take the pictures and find the people. Secondly how will I approach them and when doing so, how can I get them on my side to feel comfortable being photographed? Opportunities for places to photograph will be; cinema- what film are you watching? shopping in town- whats in the bag? bus drivers- whats your destination? I am very interested in creating an outcome that not only develops my understanding of different people but also has a selection of society to compare with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment