Thursday 26 April 2012

A quiet beach

With relation to my previous posts with pairing images together I visited the beach to see if I could capture some more interesting pairs of people, or objects. It happened to be a very quiet afternoon at the beach so the amount of people around was sparse however the people that were there seemed to be very isolated in their own worlds.

I find this image particularly quirky with the style of the two images. The way in which the two men and talking intensely with the two older people in the second photo seeming to be listening to the conversation from afar.

This image is also quirky in the composition. The fact that the men are pretty similar in height and build already makes the image a pair, but they way they are walking does so also. The colour of the older man on the right also corresponds well with the green beach hut behind him.

As well as visiting Bournemout Beach I also visited Southbourne Beach on a much more pleasant afternoon, although the age range of people there was not very varied. I took many images to try to capture the ideal afternoon for an older person.
When photographing I did notice that there were many people out with their dogs. Obviously owners of dogs have this task of taking them for walks and the beach that particular day seemed the perfect place.



I found this man very amusing. As I first walked down he was awake in his sun chair just inside his beach hut and gave me a bit of a glare when he saw my camera so I decided not to get too close. However on my return he was fast asleep so I got a very fun image of him asleep. I think these 3 images perticularly work well together as the left and right image seem to follow on from one another with the joining of the beach huts.

No comments:

Post a Comment