Monday 5 March 2012

Visual Puns



Visual Puns are images involving objects instead of words to get a joke across to the viewer. We have been given the task to create a visual pun. This incorporates nicely into the concept of combinations and alliances as as to create a visual pun usually 2 or more objects would need to be combines together to create the image. I have had many ideas of what I could do eg:
Jack Frost, Watch Dog, Fan Club, Fire Man, Hot Dog, Sleeping Bag, Skipping School, Tight Rope, Chain Smoker, Butterfly and many more. I now need to find ways to show these words in images creating a suitable combination.



This visual pun is quite amusing and sweet and the use of an actual seal is pleasing to the eye.



This image is very funny, it have a lot of atmosphere in the image and humour.



This final image is quite crude but still amusing. It is creative and well throughout out. After looking over these visual puns I went about creating some of me own.

This image comes with the pun 'crybaby'. The images used are both portrait style images as this is my favoured area of photography. I think the two images work well together as a set however the style of them and the contrast and brightness of the black and white needs to possibly be improved to create a more professional outcome.


This second image is called 'eyeball'. The image is quite crude and it looks unreal however I still think I have fulfilled the brief in creating a visual pun. Again the image could be improved by ensuring all corners and colours are sharp and poignant.

No comments:

Post a Comment