Wednesday 22 February 2012

The visit





We went back to visit Betty and Dave at their shop and had arranged to revisit to take the portrait shots. the ideas had been bouncing around however I wanted something quirky and a bit different out of the portraits. I decided to try and work with everything they had in the shop, however I was particularly interested in the mirror, pictured in my last post, and how this can show the definition between the front of the shop where Betty works and the back of the shop where Dave works.

This is the image I got from my idea of the mirror shot. I am very happy with this image and it shows exactly what I wanted it to show. It shows the divide between the laces which the both of them work however it still shows their strong bond that has formed between them and this is brought out in the shop. I think the image could do with lighting up slightly as Betty's face is quite dark because I only used available light as I did not want any bounce back flash.



This image is also very quirky. I asked Betty and Dave to pick their favourite image out of all the images they had, which was loads! They both picked their favourite, Bettys being christchurch, near the priory and Daves being the street he used to live down. This image is much more humourous than the rest, however I think it is also very personal.


This image again is quirky, mainly created by the expressions on Betty and Dave's faces. I asked them to use the frames to frame one another, seeing as this was their profession. They both found this very amusing. With both of them looking at one another with the confused expression it adds again their bond into the image.


Finally this image again is very humorous. When first visiting the shop one of the first things I noticed was this mask. Dave had brought it from a rally and kept it in the workshop. Using it in the image added some extra colour and extremity to the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment