Thursday 23 February 2012

Looking at portraits

Portrait photography is my favourite style of photography and something I am very keen to focus on for my exam. I was browsing through some photographers when I came across Nigel Tomm. His work is really interesting and unique and I am considering creating something like his work for some sort of starting point.


















Both these images are really fascinating as clearly they are portraits but the distortion makes the eye really work to see within the image. As well as this the use of black and white makes even harder for the viewer to depict the image properly.


















I choose 3 images of my own to have a play around with and to see if I could create something like Nigel Tomm's work .










I think these images have worked out well. The second one is particularly distorted and this runs through out all of the features of the face. I like the way the whole face can change with just a couple of simple folds in the paper. Its extraordinary how this happens. Another photographer I have been researching still fitting with this theme of distortion are Thomas Couderc and Clement Vauchez.




These images are from the exhibition 'Beasts of Fashion' models were superimposed to look like beasts of the forest before being put onto display.

No comments:

Post a Comment